There is an issue in the DJI firmware which can cause the aircraft to briefly resume the course and speed from a previous Engagement. Specifically, if the aircraft is at speed when Autopilot is Disengaged, it will attempt to accelerate to this speed on the next Engagement if the aircraft remains powered on. While our testing shows the period of acceleration to be less than 200ms on average, a non-trivial amount of distance can be covered even in a short timeframe, depending on the previous speed. If you want to perform multiple consecutive Engagements, it is crucial to Engage Autopilot a safe distance from any obstacles, per the Autopilot Engage Checklist. DJI is investigating a solution to this issue for an upcoming firmware release.
Articles in this section
- Video preview in Autopilot is black
- Why am I receiving an alert when I'm not in a No-Fly-Zone?
- Does the app support the Spark?
- Matrice 600 has no video in AutoPilot's Flight Dashboard
- Autopilot Crashes when I tap the Camera Settings button in the DJI Go Style Flight Dashboard
- Why does the DJI Dashboard Beta constantly say "Error", when there are no error based statues in DJI GO?
- What Flight Mode should my drone be in to use Autopilot?
- Can I switch to Mode 1 in Autopilot?
- Where does my Screen Recording save to?
- Why is my aircraft not flying to Point B during my Zip Line mission?