DJI requires the RC Flight Mode switch to be set appropriately in order for third party apps to control the aircraft. Use P for the Phantom 4 and use F for all other aircraft types. If the Flight Mode switch is not set appropriately, you still have control of the aircraft via the RC Joysticks. If the Flight Mode switch is set appropriately and you still see this message, try toggling the switch to another setting and then back to the appropriate setting, and then engage Autopilot again.
Articles in this section
- Video preview in Autopilot is black
- Why am I receiving an alert when I'm not in a No-Fly-Zone?
- Does the app support the Spark?
- Matrice 600 has no video in AutoPilot's Flight Dashboard
- Autopilot Crashes when I tap the Camera Settings button in the DJI Go Style Flight Dashboard
- Why does the DJI Dashboard Beta constantly say "Error", when there are no error based statues in DJI GO?
- What Flight Mode should my drone be in to use Autopilot?
- Can I switch to Mode 1 in Autopilot?
- Where does my Screen Recording save to?
- Why is my aircraft not flying to Point B during my Zip Line mission?