Here are the most common reasons that a photo does not stitch:
- Sometimes photo exposure when facing the sun can become too dark. Currently there's no way automated way to detect the sun and react to this use case.
- Sometimes the camera on the drone intermittently does not complete its focus command making some of the images blurry the stitcher isn't able to piece together photos at that point
Here's some recommendations that make a 360 Photo more likely to be stitched:
- Avoid flying below default altitude of 300ft it may result in missing photos
- Try to fly during the day when the sun is highest
- Try to fly in clear skies
- Avoid flying with ND filters
- Avoid flying above large bodies of water
The best thing I would suggest beyond the tips above is taking multiple 360 Photos in a location increase the possibility of a good stitch. But that may not guarantee a stitch.
Currently we do not have a system in place to reprocess the images.